Sunday, February 21, 2010

Brooding

I won't get into details, but for the first time in my life I am struggling with accomplishing my goals in a way that works with reality. While thinking about my goals, I am getting pressured from all sides. In the midst of confusion and chaos, I am starting to forget what I originally wanted. Does it matter anymore? Should I follow a trend? What do I want in life?
A) The easy way, with lots of money, so that I can retire early. A life with no extra thinking, just go through the motions...but with lots of money.
B) The hard way, with little money and no foundation, but a (possibly) happier and thought-provoking lifestyle...but additional stress.
C) The harder way, with a slight promise of more future rewards, but in the meantime, no social life, no leisure time, little money, but the end result of following my (old?) dreams...

It's a dark, brooding semester for me because of all of this. Please pray for me and Paul as we discuss my (our) future.
~Cris

1 comment:

  1. praying for you as always... remember work is hard and you need to enjoy what you do... or life becomes mundane. You always lectured us (remember?) about enjoying what you do!
    Money isn't everything. Trust me... enjoy life teaching is your gift, find what it is you and God want and then seek it... run, go over the hurdles of life and smile and beam and enjoy life at its fullest.
    praying for you
    love you
    MOM

    ReplyDelete