Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Spring Schedule

My Spring semester is now in full swing. At this time, I cannot say if it will be better or worse or the same as last semester, but let's all hope that it is better! My medieval grad class has tons of homework every week, and my other two classes both have homework assignments of one book a week. Blegh. I am also concerned b/c I get up early three times a week. That is just awful for me since I am not a morning person. Anyway, before I slip into a worrisome and depressed state of mind, here is a preview of my semester:

Monday:
8:15-9:45am: office hours
10-11am: My students' lecture (I am required to be there)
11am-noon: bus ride
1pm-4pm: Homework

Tuesday:
9am-11am: Homework
noon-1pm: bus ride
2-4pm: Grad class on Crime and Justice in Early Modern Europe
4-6pm: Grad class on English colonists and Indians in pre-revolutionary America

Wednesday:
8-9am: Discussion Section (I teach)
9am-noon: Homework on campus *or* 10-11am: Lecture
Noon-1pm: Discussion Section
1-2pm: Discussion Section

Thursday:
9-11am: Homework
noon-1pm: Bus ride
2-4pm: Grad class on gender and power in medieval Europe

Friday:
8:15-9:45am: office hours
10-11am: Lecture
11am-noon: Bus ride
1pm-4pm: Homework

I am sure I will end up doing even more homework on the weekends. This is the first full week of classes, and I have already started doing homework after dinner. This is annoying b/c I enjoy hanging out with my husband in the evenings. Please pray that I survive this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment