Sunday, October 18, 2009

Life update

These last few weeks have been SO busy! I got super super sick and it got me way behind in my work. Once I got better, it was double the effort in school, which was annoying.

Other news:
Paul and I finished our front yard landscaping! We are so proud. It was alot of work that we had to squeeze in between 4pm and 6pm for most of the weeks. Paul did alot of the carrying of dirt and stuff, but I did my part too. It looks better than we thought possible. I am really excited for spring/summer now, to see how many plants survived the transplanting process. We just have to finish the backyard with a few things (finishing the brick trim by the hostas and clearing brush by the fruit bushes and planting some bulbs), but then the yard is finished until spring! It's a great feeling to get something else finished.
We just talked today about how much we have already accomplished on our house and we haven't even been here a whole year! Our next project is finishing the dining room and living room. Then we can think about another room. We love working on our house. :)

We also LOVE our dog. She is spoiled rotten and is just too adorable. Besides one naughty chewing on the floor, she has done nothing wrong. Everyday, Paul and I have her do tricks for treats, so she is getting to be pretty smart. We play with her almost every night as well. It is just SO nice to have a dog, since we have wanted one since we were dating.

Even though I spent alot of time this weekend grading student exams (blegh), I had some opportunities to get outside and enjoy this lovely fall weather. Sometimes it's just so easy to get in the trench of habits involving sleep, eating, school, homework, watch shows with Paul, sleep, repeat. So it was nice to just take a break from school (even if I technically should have plugged along with those exams) and get out. We went to an apple orchard with Rick, Jessica, and Emily on Saturday. It was fun to pick our own apples and hang out. It was wonderfully cold, too. :) Today, Paul and I went out for a walk in the Kettle Moraine national forest. It was a 3.1 mile hike that took about two and a half hours (LOTS of hills). It was beautiful with the sun shining through the forest and making everything look golden. The combination of fresh air, pretty scenes and holding my hubby's hand made it the perfect end to the weekend. (luckily, I have thursday and friday off this week, so I can catch up with my work then!)

Well, that's it for now. I am loving life! God is good.
~Cris

1 comment:

  1. sound like a lot of fun,
    enjoy this fall,
    we miss you and Paul,
    Now I think I am done...

    ReplyDelete