Tuesday, March 14, 2017

100 A-Z Questions about Me (for fun)

Whenever I read things from friends/family/etc., I am always drawn to the personal stories and info. I don't often share things about myself, but today, I thought I'd give it a try. It's kinda a long survey, but I like that it's so thorough:

A – Accidents
01. Have you ever been in a car accident? Nope. To the surprise of my family, I'm the only kid in the family who has NOT been in a car accident (I almost failed my driver's test).
02. Do you have a lot of scars? My legs are almost entirely made up of mosquito scars, thanks alot, Michigan mosquitoes.
03. Have you ever been in a fist fight with someone? Kinda. Just fights with neighbor kids, not serious.
04. Have you ever had stitches? Where? Nope. Jon (older bro) broke his arm. Jim (younger bro) got stitches all the time. I was the careful child.
B – Beauty
05. Do you consider yourself beautiful? Yes. I like the way I look and how I treat others. I think beautiful means not just looks but also personality.
06. Are you self conscious of how you look? Nope. I am fine in my grungy non-attractive boy clothes because I will always pick comfort over style.
07. Do you put on a lot of makeup? I almost never wear makeup. I don't actually know how to put that stuff on...
08. Would you ever consider getting plastic surgery? No, but I wouldn't mind having some face moles removed.
C – Consequences
09. What was the longest amount of time you’ve been grounded for? Hmm... maybe 2 weeks?
10. What would you do if you got pregnant, keep it or have an abortion? Whoa, that's tough. It would be a serious conversation with Paul. We have differing opinions on this topic...
11. Do you ever think about how your actions affect other people? All. The. Time. It's one of the reasons why I don't like being around people. Every word out of my mouth is personally critiqued and reviewed over and over for eternity.
12. What do you think is the worst punishment someone could give you? If someone told me to my face that I was unkind to them. I try so hard to be loving to everyone.
D – Dealing
13. When you are mad at someone, how do you show them? I act coldly. Then I close up, build a tower over my heart, and reconsider having that person in my life. I struggle with the concept of forgiveness. I'm trying, folks.
14. Name a time when you had to be strong. Whenever a loved one needs my help or advice or hugs, I am there and I am strong.
<3 br="" style="box-sizing: border-box;">15. When people at school didn’t accept you, or had problems with you, how do you react? I always acted cold, built my tower over my heart even higher and thicker, and went on with my life while pretending they didn't exist. Still healing from all of that...
16. Have you ever lost someone to death? Explain how you got through it. I am a Christian, so when I lose someone in my life who is also a Christian, I don't really get that sad. I feel sorrow for my family for the death because I feel their pain and sadness. But I am not sorry for myself because it's only a brief separation.
E – Experience
17. What jobs have you had? Any volunteer jobs? Serious jobs include: professor, substitute teacher, writer, and self-employed Virtual Assistant. I once volunteered at a food co-op.
18. Have you gone through a lot emotionally, or has life been easy thus far? Middle School was the worst chapter of my life, high school wasn't much better. Now I am thriving, happy, and healthy.
19. Do you think you are ready to be on your own (have your own home, job, etc.)? I've been on my  own (besides with Paul) since basically age 18. I'm big on independence.
20. How old do you act? Mature but silly. Can't think of an age that equates to someone who dances in the rain, kisses trees, laughs at nothing, but also makes wise decisions with finances/employment/etc.
F – Family
21. Is there anyone in your family you don’t talk to? Why? Most family members still in Michigan. Because I don't live there anymore and I hate phones.
22. If you had to choose, family or friends? Friends.
23. Can you tell your parents or one of your parents anything? Probably not. I don't have much in common with them (though I still love them lots).
24. Do you have any siblings? If so, do you ever get jealous of them? I have two brothers, and plenty of sibling-in-laws. I'm not jealous of any of them, though I pray that they all have blessed and enriched lives.
25. How often do you spend ‘quality time’ with family members? Once a month I will see my parents, twice a month I will see cousins.
G – Growing
26. How tall are you? How tall do you wish you were? I am just shy of 5'8 and I've always wished that I was 5'9.
27. As a person, do you think you are mature for your age or still act childish? Both (see #20).
28. Are you scared to think that one day you will turn 30, then 40, then 50? I am saddened of future old age. Hopefully if I stay active and fit, old age won't be a problem.
29. Do you believe you still have a lot to learn? I am always on a quest for learning about history, humanity, and nature. I also like to learn new hobbies all the time.
H – Hope
30. Love – real or not? Real. And amazing. So worth it. <3 br="" style="box-sizing: border-box;">31. Are you a pessimist or an optimist? I used to be an optimist. But I've become more sad and bitter as the years go by. I am a pessimist now, but Paul is still an optimist and I cling to his optimism like crazy.
32. Do you believe in fate, that everything happens for a reason, or do you think that our actions lead the way? I have complex beliefs in fate, karma, predestination, etc. Very complex...
33. Do you think that after we die our spirit is still alive? Yes. Very much so.
34. What gives you hope when you just feel like dying? Paul. And our dog Achilles. And God. I should have named God first. 
I – Issues
35. Do you suffer from depression or constant sadness/loneliness? YES. Not all of the time. When it happens, I know that I need to recharge in the mountains for a bit.
36. Do you have any type of disease or disability? I have some genetic bleeding disorders. It's more annoying than life-ruining.
37. Are you currently in a hard relationship or have bad luck with the opposite sex? No. I've been blessed with a wonderful love life and also some awesome guy friends.
38. Do you think that you are alone in this world? Sometimes, and when that happens, I become more and more hermit-like, which seems like the wrong way to deal with it.
J – Jokes
39. Say a word or phrase that would not be funny to anyone but you & one of your friends (an inside joke): "Congrats on winning the Wang." or "It's Quantum" there's plenty more.
40. Are you usually the one who makes people laugh,Or the other way around? I laugh at things. I am not the joke-maker, but people like me around when they tell jokes because I laugh at pretty much everything.
41. Do you cry when you laugh hard? Yes.
42. Write down a hilarious moment you had with someone that makes you laugh to this day! Rick's chair collapsing and crushing the bug spray is still one of the funniest moments EVER.
K – Knowledge
43. The purpose of school: to learn, to cause trouble or to hang out with friends? Learn. That's all I've ever wanted to do at school. Learn, learn learn...
44. Do people refer to you as smart, dumb, or average? I think people would consider me smart.
45. What was the highest grade you have received (full course mark) ever? Plenty of A's...
46. What was your last grade average?  High School: 3.7 (thanks a lot, science and math), undergrad college: 3.85, Master's was 3.9 or something.
47. What do you find the most interesting subject to be (to study or to talk about)? European History and English-Literature.
L – Love
48. Are you currently in love? If not, have you been before? Yes, madly in love with my husband.
49. Do people around you show you a lot of love (tell you they love you, hug you, kiss you, etc.)? My side of the family is very public with love (which I LOVE), but other family and my friends (mainly guys) aren't much into that kind of stuff.
50. Is love worth it? Absolutely. I cannot imagine life without it.
51. Does it take a lot for you to say you love someone, or is it just a word? It takes a long time for me to decide that I love someone, but once I do, I won't shut up about it. I love fiercely.
M – Money
52. Do you believe that money makes the world go round? No. I hate money. I find people who obsess about money to be slightly annoying.
53. Is your family on the poor side, average, or above average when it comes to money? Growing up, we were poor. Whoop. Paul and I are probably lower-middle class. Whoop again.
54. Would you rather win millions of dollars & be set for life, or find the perfect person to marry & start a family with? Perfect person to marry and NOT start a family. I would pick Paul over money every time.
55. On a scale of 1-10, how important is money to you? I would pick '3'. That's the highest I can go. Money is silly. Memories, laughter, love...those are amazing.
N – Naughty
56. Are you a virgin? No, but I was a virgin until marriage. Booya.
57. Have you ever tried drugs? No. I keep hoping marijuana will become legal here so I can try that. But I won't break the law.
58. Did you start drinking before you were 21? I sipped beers with my dad and margaritas with my mom. Other than that, I waited until I was 21.
59. Do you have any tattoos? Not yet. I want one, though...
O – Openness
60. How long does it take for you to open up to someone? A long time, but then, if I trust you, I'll tell you anything. ANYTHING.
61. What does it take for you to fully trust someone? Many years of careful observations.
62. Are you generally untrusting towards people because of past experiences, or any other reason? Mainly because I am a careful observer of people, and I see many people who are mean or untrustworthy. It makes me cautious.
63. When are you comfortable with someone sexually? When I'm married to that person.
64. When it comes to parents and close friends, what’s the limit of what you can tell them? I'll tell them anything. I wish my friends/family were more interested in heavy topics of conversation. Because I have loads of opinions about everything. And I like to hear other people's opinions because it can help me understand other perspectives and it gives me something to think about. 
P – Positive
65. Have you ever had an experience with someone that didn’t necessarily end positively? If so, would you rather erase the memory of that person because of the sad times or keep the memory of that person because of the good times? Wow, that's tough. Hmm, for the most part, I would prefer keeping those positive memories.
66. Do you agree with the saying: better to have loved and lost than not have loved at all? Sure. I am 100% a better person because of the love in my life.
67. Do you agree that something good can come out of everything? Yes, I've been watching it happen in the last few months with American politics. It doesn't mean that I like to see bad things happen in the first place though...
Q – Questions
68. When faced with a problem, do you ask for help or try to figure it out yourself? I always immediately ask Paul for advice. Then I figure it out.
69. Do you often question the world and how we came about? What are some things you would like to know about creation? I think about that stuff a lot. Here's my main question: Dear God, why were you able to use Jesus' death as a way to forgive humanity for our constant sins, but you aren't able to forgive WOMEN for Eve's original sin? Why must we have painful periods still? I am not Eve. I shouldn't be punished like this for such a large portion of my life.
70. Do you think the government is truthful? If you could ask the president one question, what would it be? I think the U.S. government has potential. I don't think we've ever gotten it right...yet. It's a process, and things go wrong only when people blindly assume we are the best. If we think we're imperfect and work on it, we are doing okay. I believe we are on the cusp of realizing our imperfections again. I have nothing remotely appropriate to say to our "president" right now.
71. When someone does something wrong to you, do you confront them and ask them why they did it or just let it go? Depends on the person. If it is a loved one, I will be upfront and let them know they're hurting my feelings. If it's not a loved one, I'll decide that person isn't worth my time. Like I said earlier, I'm working on my forgiveness issues...
72. What is one unsolved mystery about the world that you want answers to? Good grief. So many. Dinosaurs, Aliens. Disappearances of famous people (for real, Agatha Christie, what happened when you disappeared?!?). And so on.
R – Respect
73. How do you show respect? I am kind and courteous.
74. What can someone do for you to lose all respect for them? I have a hard time respecting people who show hatred/negativity to others, for being hypocrites, for being gossips, for being mean to other people.
75. Do you respect your teachers, parents, and other authority figures? I try to treat everyone with the same non-judged blank slate. It doesn't matter your role in society. All people deserve respect.
76. If someone is mean to you, are you mean back or do you kill them with kindness? I am coldly kind and then I act like that person doesn't exist.
S – School
77. When will you graduate high school/college? Graduate high school in 2002, I think. Then 2007 with my B.A., then 2009 with my Masters. Then another year for my PhD. Then stopped because my brain was fried.
78. After high school, what did you do/are you planning to do? I dreamed of being a teacher.
79. Do you like or hate school? What do you like/hate about it? I love learning. I kinda want to go back to school for the learning. I hate people. Socializing gets in the way of learning.
80. Have you ever been suspended, expelled, or dropped out of school? Nope. Never got a yellow card, blue card, breakfast club or whatever, nothing. Never got in trouble. 
T – Temptation
81. Have you ever done something wrong, knowing it was wrong, because something inside of you said it was okay? No. Not to sound "perfect" or anything, but if something feels wrong, I don't do it. I sin in the form of passionate 'spur of the moment' mistakes. Not falling for temptations.
82. Has anyone ever pressured you to smoke or drink? Did you do it? No one has EVER been able to pressure me into doing ANYTHING. I've never understood those people.
83. Do you give in to temptation easily, or are you more independent and strong willed? Independent and strong willed, baby.
U – Unique
84. Do you do a lot of things because your friends are doing it? No. I'm perfectly willing to try new hobbies that my friends like because it's good to have an open mind. However, if I don't like something, I won't do it.
85. Do you follow trends, wear whatever you want, or wear really unique pieces?  I wear whatever I feel like. Which is always comfortable. And usually blue.
86. What makes you different from people your age? I'm a fiercely independent feminist who followed the traditional Christian path of getting married young and as a virgin. I refuse to follow any traditions unless I like them (ex: I don't do typical Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Years, St. Patrick's day, or most other holidays). Another example: I got married, but in a blue dress. And I do not want to have kids. There's a lot of stuff to add here, really.
V – Value
87. What’s the most expensive thing in your room? Our TV, probably.
88. What’s more valuable: your life or the lives of your loved ones? Would you sacrifice your life for other people? I would give up my life to help refugees or strangers on the street. Of course I would give up my life for my loved ones.
89. What is something you value not because it cost a lot, but because it means a lot to you? Paul made me a ring out of a spoon. I treasure it. And our photos of our awesome trips are treasures to me.
90. If there was a fire in your house/apartment, what is the first thing you would grab? It used to be my thesis. Now, probably my homemade knitted afghan because it took around 10 years to make.
W – Wishes
91. If you had three wishes, what would they be? 1) for a few million dollars so that I can distribute it between my family and friends (2) For a farm over 30 acres (3) That Paul and I lived in another country.
92. Would you rather wish yourself to be happy, or your loved ones? My loved ones.
93. Do you believe that wishes come true if you really believe in them? Yes, I am a bit superstitious.
Y – You
94. Are you more independent or social? Independent and a hermit.
95. What is something that makes you very mad when you see it? Injustice and negative treatment of others.
96. Do you think that you have potential to do great things? Yes, but I just don't feel like it. I like an easy going life.
97. Do you think people are generally good ? I think everyone has the potential of doing good, but the temptation of doing wrong is strong for most.
Z – Zest
98. Are you currently happy with your life? Why or why not? I am happy with MY life. I am unhappy with the state of global affairs and society in general.
99. When change occurs, do you get scared or are you excited for it? I hate change. It takes a long time of adjustment.
100. What is the most motivational thing in the world? LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment