Friday, July 16, 2010

Busy busy busy

I haven't written in a while because, surprise surprise, I have been super busy. We went on vacation starting June 18 and got back on July 8! It was a bit too long away from home in my opinion, but it was also very nice. We went home to Michigan for a day or two, then left for florida. Paul, me, Greg, Rick, and Kyle stayed in a beachfront condo for two weeks in Florida. That's right, me and four boys! whew. It was actually not that bad, though the place was a bit small, so I saw every one of the guys in just their boxers at one point which is...a bit awkward, I must say. Anywho, we spent almost all of our time fishing. Despite the myth from midwestern people, Florida is NOT unbearably hot, at least not while we were down there. It was fine, especially since we were on the water. I caught a shark, which was very exciting and Paul caught a cobia "catch of a lifetime". I've been talking about our trip so much, though, that I am weary of the conversation. So I will fast forward. We took the train from Michigan to Milwaukee which was...interesting. We will probably take it again because it was cheap, but the first time was pretty stressful. They are not very organized.
Yesterday, I had people over to the house. Paul was not home due to a camping trip with his students. So I had Abby, Emily, Lindsay, Jack, Rick, and Nic over for dinner/snacks and games. It was a very pleasant night full of flights from bees, good conversation, good food, and great kareoke fun. :)
Today I might go to the dog park with Rick and our brood of dogs. It will be good exercise for everyone involved. Then I pick up Paul from his long trip! I can't wait to see him again. Alot has happened since he left three days ago: our basement filled with water, people came over, and I had another interview with another school! I will post more later, if I get the job. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment